Thursday, December 20

Honolulu City Lights

After seeing how crazy busy Honolulu City Lights was at the parade, we vowed to come back an enjoy the static displays on a weeknight... so on Wednesday that's exactly what we did! We parked in our "secret" $2.00 lot since we didn't want to fight for the free civic center parking and walked the two blocks to the Hale. The displays were really fun, but I think the decorated trees and wreaths inside the Hale had the most character and beauty!
Where else can you find SHAKA SANTA?!

Rudolph was giving us... "the eye!"

So many unique trees inside the Hale!

The peacock wreath is made with broken CDs! The gold wreath is painted green army men!

I definitely see how this could easily become a family tradition if we lived here. The outside static displays may not change but the theme of the 50ft tree, inside trees, and wreaths are different each year. The activities are as well, this year they had a mini-carnival for the kids (we grabbed yummy malasadas!). Last year it was a synthetic ice rink, I wonder what they'll do in 2013?

1 comment:

Dad said...

Christmas, I believe we can agree its our favorite time of the year for all of us!