Thursday, March 18

Quarter Auction

So tonight The MCSB was deemed the "charity" that all donations from a local quarter auction will go to. Since vendors are donating the items to be sold at the auction, the battalion decided to have a bake sale there as well... this is where I (and many other wives) come in.

I was approached by Ruth, the Master Gunnery Sergeant's wife, and asked to come over and help bake. 1-I know her and like her. 2-she's the MGySgt's wife, you can't say no! So, yesterday... I baked 50 sugar cookies (luckily Lisa iced them), 50 chocolate chip cookies, and 50 oatmeal raisin cookies... whew. That was just at her house though, earlier this afternoon I made mini vanilla pudding cheesecakes and lemon poppy-seed muffins.

Speaking of her house, wow. Now... obviously her hubby is a MGySgt and they have five kids... so a large house is in order. But is was so pretty! I've heard horror stories about base housing, but for the upper ranks here at Ft. Meade they seem pretty nice. Hubby and I don't need to live on base considering we don't have any children and it's actually economically better for us to live off base at the moment. If that day comes though (Quinn staying in the Marine Corps), I hope we can get at least get a nice base house.

Now... back to the auction: we spent $48 dollars in quarters but came away with $100 in winnings. Pampered Chef Fluted Pan, items from Tastefully Simple, and a super cute chick decoration for Easter (which will also work perfectly for Amanda's baby shower!) from Celebrating Home. It was a gooooooooood night.

Tay is here for two more days... hopefully we'll have adventure this weekend... but the main reason was for her to hang out with Nate one last time before their wedding in May. =)

1 comment:

Dad said...

Ah chocolate chip gotta be my favorite! Anytime you want to make some for me, I'm good with that.Better yet when you come to Arizona you can bake me some then! Love Dad.