
This week I have been helping Ruth clean, organize, and de-clutter her house before TMO comes to pack up her house. It's been pretty intense... she has five children, and one of them is a 2yr old who is generally home. On Tuesday he "styled" my hair with lasagna fingers and today he kicked me with snow boots, gahhhh. It's worth it though, she's helping me get started selling candles and military support gear (super excited about this... in like 2-3wks I should be all set up!!).
Besides that stressful situation I did have Wednesday to relax. I took Michelle to the airport in order to visit her hubby (he's training and they haven't seen each other in over 3.5mo), then picked Erin up and we went grocery shopping afterwords we hit up Lowe's and Wal*Mart in order to start our mini-gardens! I now have two mini strawberry plants, a tulip plant, yellow pansies, and a green lily plant. Their survival... yet to be determined. I'm staying positive!
I also volunteered at church this week to help assemble Resurrection Egg kits for the Easter Extravaganza taking place this Saturday. I also volunteered to pass the kits out after both performances. They are having a former WWF wrestler and Junior Heavyweight Champion perform feats of strength then give their testimonies. Cool! We even got Aaron, Tamera and her son Isaiah to go (I hope).
Other than that, I braved Jiffy Lube alone... and wasn't taken for a ride. The guy took me out and told me all this stuff I needed to do for my car... rotate my tires, etc. etc. The only thing other than the oil change/oil filter that I did end up agreeing to was cleaning off the battery corrosion. Which I made the mechanic SHOW me before I agree to it. I give my dad credit, most people would have just said... oh, okay. I know my car and I have this knowledge because my dad taught me early on!
We also got new neighbors (sad day) I can hear them (him? I only saw one guy today) moving in right now. It's been so nice having this end of the townhouse to ourselves... oh well, such is life. I hope they turn out to be good people.
Well that's been my week!
Love and miss you all.
1 comment:
Yes! That's my girl, ask questions and have them show you and if the replace old parts you want to see them. Well done Daughter of mine.
Love you, Dad
Post a Comment