Monday, March 1

Whoa!

So last night I responded to a Craigslist ad for a stool, fan, decorative plate, and a couple more items. It was an older couple about to move to Connecticut... when I arrived and they found out I was a military wife they asked if any other military families could use items. They had planned on having a garage sale, but they just didn't have the strength for it. Of course I said yes... little did I know my Mazda 3 was about to be even more packed than it was on the move to Maryland.

All of a sudden the woman (Susan, she was so sweet!) opened the basement door... and I knew I was in for much more than I bargained for! Yikes. But... I had agreed, and I will give things to the families I know and anything that is left over will be donated to the Airman's Attic on base. The attic is a place where any military member or family member of an E-5 and lower can go and "shop" with all "purchases" being free!

The items Quinn and I decided to keep were:
  • Wooden stool for my mosaic & scrapbooking desk
  • 2 decorative ceramic plates with display stand
  • Rock Tumbler (I am excited to try tumbling broken glass this spring!!)
  • Mini ice chest
  • Food chopper
  • Wood block/chopping knife
  • Mini Christmas tree
  • A bow & arrow (no, I'm not kidding, Quinn is actually playing with it right now! Haha)
  • Mini floor fan (gonna be great in the summer!)
  • Small American Flag
  • Possibly keeping the build-your-own wine rack
Things we have currently given to others:
  • Baby gate
  • Pet gate
  • Framed Washington DC art
  • 4 cases of lightbulbs
  • Garlic roaster
  • Krups Coffee Maker
  • Ironing board
  • Decorative basket
  • 2 beach towels/1 hotel style blanket
  • Mop, dust pan
  • Bathroom Shower Caddy
  • Baking pans
  • Plastic wine goblets
  • Water bottles
  • Gardening/Yardwork items (shears, pitchforck, shovel, rake, trowel, fertilizer, etc.)
  • Outdoor Speaker Set (for those who want their music in the backyard)
Taken to the Airman's Attic...
  • Fluorescent lights
  • Misc. cords & cables (ex: co-ax, telephone, audio/video/sound)
  • Removable showerhead
  • And more misc. items...
They were so generous, and I feel so blessed. The other families I have given things too were extremely thankful as well. =)

2 comments:

Dad said...

Bow and Arrow! Quinn don't get hurt, and no shooting deer in the backyard!

Daniel Kim said...

dude. that's awesome. i love free stuff.