I dressed professional and wore flats (but if I got into this for real, I'd buy some more expensive comfortable shoes!) and had my bluetooth in along with the phone #'s for the florist, DJ, caterer, photographer. I ended up doing:
- last minute detail work in the reception area
- set-up the unity candle table, put flowers in the girls'/guys' rooms
- brought pitchers of water/ice to each room
- assisted the photographer with detail shots (ie-dress, flowers, jewelry, etc.) and organizing the people who needed to be in the photos
- pinned on the ring-bearer's boutineer (he wouldn't let anyone else, they were all family)
- repaired ripped table cloths
- set-up the cake table (spun the napkins just how you taught me mom!)
- helped the caterer set-up the hor'devours table
- called the DJ when she was running late, after she arrived-delivered the CDs and timeline
- managed to control the Jr. Bridesmaid, flower girl, and ring-bearer...whew.
- opened the door for the bridal party entrance into the ceremony (and exit into the reception)
- made sure there was constant communication between the couple and DJ during the reception
- helped cut/serve the cake
- announced when we needed everyone outside to say farewell to the couple
- helped with clean-up
- ...and probably tons of little things I'm forgetting
I only got to take detail photos, but the photographer got a picture of me with the Bride and Groom and said she'd e-mail it to me in a week or so (her son is stationed in Hawaii and deploying to Afghanistan Monday... she is actually on a plane headed there right now).



This was an amazing experience and for it being my first time as the overall wedding coordinator, I think I did well! I learned some things that I will do different next time, but overall it was great! I exchanged contact information with the cake designer and the photographer, and the A/V guy from church said that if I want to do this to continue building my resume (volunteer) they have more weddings coming up this fall... hmmmm.
As my "payment" (I wasn't expecting anything) the bride's mother gave me a centerpiece and bottle of sparkling cider, Melanie gave me a CD with a really pretty thank-you song and a gift card to Bath&Body Works.
1 comment:
Well it sounds like you did great I think the church should hire you. Even at our church there was a small fee for the day of wedding planner!!!
If there was no visible problems you did your job
Love ya
Mom
Post a Comment