Last night we had this huge, wonderful, thunderstorm. No, I'm not being facetious. I love pounding rain, lightning illuminating the sky, and rolling thunder. It reminds me of home. What I do not love... the power going out. However, there are positives to everything.
+I have a slight obsession [ doesn't help that I sell them] with candles and I got to use them in every room!
+Quinn and I enjoyed spending time together distraction free.
+We "camped" downstairs on the couch, it was much too hot upstairs with no A/C and the humidity
+I saw fireflies/lightning bugs for the first time since the parking lot and backyard lights were out
+Reading my book by flashlight reminded me of when I was little and didn't want to go to bed yet so I would read under my covers...
+/-I'm still hoping we don't get sick... but I couldn't bear the thought of throwing away at least (if not more) $100.00 worth of groceries from the fridge/freezer... I just went shopping that afternoon!
-Quinn is doing a huge drill today and had to get up REALLY early, the couch is comfy but not as comfy as our bed, so he didn't get the best night's sleep ever...
Tonight we have our AC/BC group (after college, before children), I can't believe we're almost done with our Fireproof study! On Friday Melanie & Will, one of the couples from the group, are getting married. They asked me to be their "day-of" wedding coordinator, I'm excited =) I'll be sure to take pictures.
2 comments:
How funny, reading under the covers with the flashlight, I remember those days.
Love ya, Dad
aww the simple things in life...
Post a Comment