So awhile ago I started running into all of these Military Spouse blogs, I really wanted to follow them... but since I use my name and Quinn's name on this blog I figured it wouldn't be a good idea. I actually have a (more) public blog: Skinnie Piggie that is very anonymous. Yes there are pictures, but our names... location... and things about Quinn are not included. So I can "befriend" these other wives without creating security hazards. Quinn knows about the blog, I even ran a military wedding week contest and sent out prizes to the winners. It's very surreal sometimes thinking about how I can connect with these women on an emotional level yet most likely never know them in person, much less many of their real names.
As much as I don't want people to have to use a password or be invited to THIS blog... I'm thinking about it. So much personal stuff can already be looked up about anyone on the internet these days [try pipl.com], I'm not sure I should have this floating out in the web for just anyone to see? I only share the address with my family and friends but it doesn't mean it couldn't be found. Just a thought, what do you think, am I being paranoid?
Anyway, not too much has changed around here. Please continue to pray about the "changes" I mentioned before. I still don't have a job, so prayers for a part-time one to open up would be great. I would also like to be able to visit home, but current time restraints and financial things are holding me back. Oh life!
I hope you all had a great week.
-Tay
2 comments:
Hey, I've thought about doing that for my blog too. I've actually gone back and deleted some posts that I had made that I thought revealed too much info. It's tough - you want to share whats going on yet it can also be so easy to accidentally share too much and unfortunately there are people in the world that abuse the internet and take advantage of information in the wrong ways.
If you password protect it I promise to still read your blog! lol. Its fun to stay updated on how you guys are doing out there!
My blog goes back 2yrs... there's no way I would be deleting things. Plus, they are awesome memories for me. I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet, but I do have a tracker... and it seems that all of the locations that visit my blog are where my friends/family live.
Post a Comment