First:
I am pro-letting people figure out their problems in a civil manner.
The story:
All day long I've been organizing, cleaning, doing laundry, etc. There was a knock on the door, it ended up being UPS, so I grabbed my package and turned to come back inside. Not without noticing the soldier, 2 women, crazy dog running around loose, and small child walking down the middle of my street. No more than 5min pass, as I grabbed the clothes from the dryer to bring to the couch to fold (my blinds are open, the couch is directly in front of the window).
And begins the action...
The women start screaming, they are ALL pulling at the small child- which I now notice is a little boy. The little boys pants come off, one of the women gets tackled to the ground, thus knocking over the other lady holding the boy who tumbles and gets landed on. All the while their voices are louder and louder... I am inside my house and can hear screaming/yelling. I drop the clothes and make a mad dash upstairs for my phone... call 911, evidently I wasn't the only one. The operator tells me there are patrol cars already on the way. He wasn't lying 2sec after hanging up a squad car pulled up.
I may be "nosy" but I did not join the other neighbors in a "leisurely walk" to the mailbox (which was right next to the scene).
Man I hate dialing 911.
At least this was the first time I've had to here!
**UPDATE: evidently this was over custody of the little boy... ie: soldier is the daddy, ladies are baby-momma and current wife/girlfriend (who watches the child daily). Their next door neighbor saw the entire thing and said the police showed up right in time because one of the women actually pulled a gun on the other. A group of detectives stayed for 2hrs interviewing witnesses while an ambulance/emts took care of the little boy. I don't know the overall results, but I pray everything worked out for the best and that poor little boy isn't mentally/emotionally scarred for life.
People are insane.
No comments:
Post a Comment