Sometimes you have a "no-good-really-bad-day."
Today was one of those days.
Today was one of those days.
Quinn left for work and instead of getting up... I hit snooze one, two, three more times, eventually turning the alarm off completely. Come 10am, Quinn is back to a wife still curled up in bed. I tell him give me 5min and I'll be ready. I quickly get out of the bed (felt a little dizzy, but figured I just got up to fast) and ran around getting ready as quickly as possible.
We walk outside into a not-so-white land of sleet and muddy slush. Gross.
Off we go...
1st stop Chick-fil-a. Healthy right? We get back on the freeway and in true Maryland fashion we encounter idiots. Quinn got cut off and, well I spilled orange juice on my jacket. Not the worst thing to happen. Enter me coughing, um... where did this cough from from? Then, a running nose? You've got to be kidding me!
45min later & more bad drivers we make it to our first stop- Henderson Hall in DC. We find a spot in the parking garage and trek through the MCX which is conveniently under-construction. Read- hallways closed, everything moved around, escalators no longer running, etc. We finally find the back exit and walk outside to the
Off we go again, around the base passed the PT field parking next to Arlington. (Yes, Arlington National Cemetary. It backs the base.) We finally enter the uniform store, collect all of the items he needed:
- 2 cammie pants
- 2 cammie blouses
- 1 cover
- boots
- ribbons
- ribbon rack & frames
- gloves
Off again, we head to Bethesda this time. Except we get in an argument about directions and end up making a complete 360* circle at one point. Ugh. After ANOTHER 45min of driving with insane people (don't forget it's still sleeting!) we arrive at Bethesda. The first parking garage is full so we have to double back to another one further away from the entrance. Bethesda is now called the National Naval Medical Center, but soon to be called The Walter Reed National Military Medical Center. Quite the mouthful, right? You can probably see where this is going by now- construction, departments have been moved, general chaos. Well, then you'd be correct. We needed to pick up our military records to take with us for the PCS to Hawaii. Dependents outpatient history is now located in building 9... off we went for mine. Then Active duty outpatient is located in building 7, inpatient in building 10. Talk about a lot of doubling back. Good thing I didn't have any inpatient records, no idea what building they were in!
We popped into Bethesda's Uniform Store on the off-chance that they could be a little more helpful and less rude. Finally a break. The lady took Quinn's form and looked up the supplier # in the matter of 10min! The man at Henderson Hall must have just been plain lazy! So we got his uniforms free of charge.
Then more of the Maryland freeway battle through sleet... I think we almost got ran off the road 3 times. I told Quinn that "Driving here is like having a mini-heart attack every 10min."
Throughout the entire day we argued about stupid stuff, I think the weather, drivers, and rude people we encountered just put us on edge even more. My cold got worse as the day went on.
This afternoon, we found out a friends' mom is in the hospital for a burst vein and that our good friend who is 34wks pregnant has premature bleeding and we can't contact her deployed husband....
Now there is a blizzard going on outside.
We've said sorry & forgiven each other.
Prayed and thanked God for our safety today (and for our friends).
Time to cuddle up in warm blankies.
And I should probably take some nyquil...
2 comments:
God is good! Praise for His hedge of protection throughout your wild journey today. You are in our prayers for healing from your cold and good health for both of you.
Love you guys, Dad
Tomorrow is another day praying for healing for both your friend and the baby and that this was a frustration cold and goes away quickly
love ya
mom
Post a Comment