The boys had Monday off work, so we packed everything up and headed down to Kailua beach... my SUP was required, I REALLY wanted to paddle around. The trade winds had been gone for a couple days already, the Kona winds were blowing in (from inland over Honolulu from the big island) and bringing the haze/VOG but it meant GREAT paddling since usually it would have taken me forever to get to the island fighting the wind.
While I paddled, the boys snorkeled using their really long fins for faster swimming. Once we arrived on the island we walked around the entire thing... barefoot... next time, I'm bringing shoes! It's all lava rock, OUCH!
On the way back I spotted a honu from above and pointed the boys in the right direction so they could grab some photos. I ended up paddling out & back three times that day, loved it! The only way it would have been better is if I hadn't forgotten my leash... I couldn't try SUP surfing off the island because if I had crashed my board may have been slammed into the island/rocks since it wasn't attached to me... next time!





2 comments:
The Honu photos are great. I see a paddle, where's the board?
Oh I want to take one home
Mom
Post a Comment