Sunday, October 14

Pumpkin Pickin'

Saturday afternoon we headed down to Waimanalo Country Farms for their annual Pumpkin Patch. For $22 we got: a giant mason jar with fresh squeezed lemonade, an ear of roasted sweet corn, a bowl of chili & rice, a "hamburger special" (rice, gravy, onions, hamburger), and two mid-size pumpkins! We wandered the farm and saw some animals, the typical goats, giant pig, but we laughed at the desert tortises! They had a corn maze but the guys would have been too tall for it, a hayride, and a kiddie "cow" ride... everyone looked like they were having a blast. We wandered the market and Adrien bought a mini pie pumpkin then we ate. After eating the search for the "perfect pumpkins" began.








Once we found our pumpkins it was time for some fun photos. It was a nice day, I was happy it was cloudy/sunny. I posted one of these photos on facebook and the reactions were hilarious. I realize we live on an island in the middle of the pacific- but, yes... we still have pumpkins, we will have Christmas trees... we aren't deprived!

2 comments:

Dad said...

Nice pumpkins, haha! I believe you guys had an awesome day!

Ashley Bonilla said...

Your pictures look awesome! =) I love the more scenic landscape shots. Those definitely need to be printed and framed. Love you!