Sometimes I can't help but wonder what makes some people so bitter, stingy, and rude. I normally try to brush things like this off, because lets face it- I am an emotional person... songs bring tears to my eyes, small acts of kindness make my heart swell with love, and well, anything dealing with my family or the troops just forget it.
My dad, mom, and I got a chance to see the Honoring Our History WWI traveling exhibit, for free. We weren't given this for any special reason, everyone who would take the time to stand in line was allowed to go in. The CAF Museum opened it's doors for free as well to host this event. So... the biggest point I'm trying to show here is THE EVENT WAS COMPLETELY AND ABSOLUTELY FREE. Yes, we waited in line for 1.5hrs to see a 15min exhibit, but people pay hundreds of $$ to go to Disneyland and wait 2hrs for a 5min ride... so tell me how that works out. I couldn't believe the comments I heard, "This is the line, this is ridiculous!" "I have to wait in line for over and hour to see that?" "Is this even going to be worth it?" then the worst one dealt with a lady in a wheelchair- "What, how come she gets to cut in line?" "So, bring a wheelchair and get special treatment, huh?" It took a lot for me to bite my toungue... I wanted to lay into some of these people. What was even worse was the age-gap. Besides the grandchildren I was pretty much the only one there in my mid-twenties. So, yes I completely agree that my and the generation currently in high school/college is primarily made up of whiners and lazies... but, if the older generation is going to be so biased and rude, tell me who are today's "young" people suppose to look up to?
I am very fortunate to have great grandparents and parents that work hard for what they have, and earn respect from others in their community for the type of lives they live. Where are the rest of these people? Everyday I see less and less and it makes me so sad. What is America coming too... how divided will we become before we ultimately fall? I fully believe in the saying "United we stand," without God, without morals, without hard work and dreams... we. have. nothing.
Another thing that irked me this week is the utter lack of respect for the troops. Now, don't get me wrong- the marines urinating on the dead taliban... not the brightest bunch. However, I do not believe they should be punished anymore severely for their actions that what would normally take place (ie: court marshal, ruining their records, thus careers). But our president apologizing to the leaders of the taliban? REALLY? Come on sir... they didn't apologize to us for killing, burning, and hanging our contractors in Fallujah. Or look back to Mogadishu- I don't recall an apology for killing and dragging our delta operators through the streets. War is war. It is not beautiful, it is not romatic in anyway, movies lie. People in general act stupid, these marines... yes, they acted stupid and did not live up to the marine corps standards. They will be punished and it won't be a slap on the hand- believe me. Lumping ALL military personnel in with those four marines is also way over the top... that's like saying just because I went to ASU and it is listed as one of the top party schools in America must mean that I partied every weekend, got plastered, and can't remember a thing. I assure you, this is not the case.
Lots of people I know are fed up with the military. I'm talking about being in it... even people Quinn worked with, got out and are now working civilian jobs because the "military screwed them over," or others think "having pride in the military is a bunch of bullsh*t because they lived it." Excuse me, I am sorry you had a bad experience, I'm truly sorry the government is taking away a lot of our support (financial, medical, etc) because we too are living it... but blaming your attitude on your situation is ridiculous. Stuff happens, situations suck, bad things happen to good people. Live, learn, move on. I support my husband, I have pride in what is left of the good military men and women. Get over yourself already.
End rant.
No comments:
Post a Comment