You know that you've been sick/not sleeping well when you turn to your parents and ask "What did I do last week?" We successfully listed- sleeping, watching TV & movies, rock climbing once, and sneaking in dinner with Kaley & Lisa at Serranos. Then came the weekend and you could tell I was starting to feel loads better... attending 2nd Friday's with mom and dad, where I bought my favorite kind of earrings (iridescent- can be worn with everything!) and gathered many new craft ideas.
On Saturday we went to the Phoenix Heath & Wellness Expo- I really needed some motivation for working out, I love how I feel afterwards it's the actually doing it part. We got to try tons of samples from shot rocks to protein bars and powders. Mom's favorite ended up being the sport beans by Jelly Belly! Dad loved the new coconut/chocolate Cliff Bar. Quinn will be getting some goodies mailed to him from this outing- 5hr Energy, Sport Beans, Perform Ice Pain Relieving Gel, Tiger's Milk Bars, and Cascadia Farms Organic Granola.What a good wife I am. =p
On the way back to the car we remembered that the Monster Super-cross was taking place that night so we detoured towards the ballpark. There was a huge street show! Tons of semi-trucks with bikes, the Go Pro truck giving away cameras (I wish!), of course the Monster VIP truck was there complete with girls in scantily clad clothes "wooing" the men. We watched the little kids racing the remote control cars in the mini-dirt track, dad toured the "heroes & legends mini-museum," and I found the USMC bike (of course):
Both events were fun, but they definitely had two very distinguished crowds! PF Chang Marathon competitors in their running shoes & fitness gear then the jeans, mx shirts/hats, and girls in heels with multi-colored hair. Haha.
I'm doing much better in regards to the cold, unfortunately that means no more nyquil and no more 8hr+ nights of sleep. I feel like my threshold of sleep has been between 2 and 3am. I have yet to figure out how to turn my brain off. Lately I've been trying to "figure out what to do with my life." The last time I got to message with Quinn he mentioned he and a buddy out there were going to try to get their personal trainer & nutritionist certificates depending on the internet situation for the exams. Which is really cool and I completely support him (with a tear... goodbye oreos...). The best part is that it is considered a transferable credit type of occupation so the military should cover most/all of the costs involved. I opened my mouth saying I wish I could do something I loved and have the military pay for it... and of course he says: well, you can. Which is true, I have until his next promotion to apply for and utilize $2,000-4,000 worth of CEUs or Specialist Certificates. My problem is- I have no idea what I want to do & he's up for promotion in 8 months! I would love to do something along the lines of a pilates or yoga certification, but I also love event planning even though I'm not currently doing anything with it, and recently I have been taking photos for families & children and I like that too. How do you choose to focus on ONE thing when you LIKE and are GOOD at multiple. I told Quinn that I wish I was GREAT at something so I could focus on that instead of just being good at lots of things... it would make my decision easier and much less complicated. *sigh*
1 comment:
Can you do them all?? If they'll let you, why not? =)
Post a Comment