Monday, January 2

New Years 2012


 I still cannot believe that 2011 is over!
 
I didn't think I'd be doing anything other than lighting off fireworks in the backyard with my parents for New Years Eve... potentially freaking out the dogs with bottle rockets, haha. Alexis was doing the Fiesta Bowl block party, but I wasn't too keen on the price of the ticket or being the "old married lady" in her group of friends... However, the morning of, my friend April called me with an invite to join her and some of our college friends for a night of celebrating at the Hyatt then her house. I gladly accepted! My dad even gave me some fireworks to bring along.


We started out at the Hyatt in Scottsdale where we enjoyed some live music, were given free "happy new year" hats/head-bands, and paid an arm and a leg for our signature drinks... mine was delicious though...


It was called "Kris Kringle's Cure" involving Godiva white chocolate creme, peppermint schnapps, and chocolate liquor. The drink next to it was popular with the rest of the girls (prickly pear margarita).

We left the Hyatt around 10:30pm to head back to April's for appetizers and to prepare for the champagne toast. After the midnight toast we headed outside to light off the fireworks... we had so much fun! I may not have been able to be with Quinn or have my new years kiss, but I honestly enjoyed hanging out with friends I hadn't seen in a long time!


I got to see even more friends New Years Day! Myself, Rae, and Katie were all in town at the same time so we were very blessed getting a large group together at Four Peaks:


 I would venture to say that all of the people in these pictures I hadn't seen in a time range of 10mo-2yrs+... so crazy.


HAPPY NEW YEAR!
I hope yours was filled with just as many amazing friends as mine.


1 comment:

April @ An Urban Acre said...

I'm so glad you could come!! You need to come around some day after the rock gym - call and I'll come and get ya =)