Friday, January 6

Lake Days

On Monday we tried to go to the lake, unfortunately the clear sunny skies deceived us greatly... the wind was ripping and the entire lake was covered in white caps! My parents new boat wouldn't have handle that so well, we also saw a guy take a nose-dive off the dock, and we witnessed a couple of boats get swamped (waves over the bow).

So we did what anyone would do who prepared the boat for a day on the lake, packed a picnic, and planned for a day in the sun. We parked the boat in the upper parking lot for a great view of the lake and jumped in the boat (yes, on the trailer) and enjoyed our food. About halfway into our time there we saw the coolest thing... a car boat!

 


---------------------------------------------------------------

We decided to try again this past Thursday, we were fortunate enough to see some amazing wildlife while enjoying our (much nicer and actual) day on the lake.  We witnessed a bald eagle in her nest, a beautiful heron, and then an amazing flock of seagulls.







While I love Hawaii... how can you not think Arizona is beautiful? Maybe it takes being born here, but when people ask where I'm from or where I call home, I'm pretty sure I will always claim the title of a "Zonie!"

1 comment:

Dad said...

It was a great time, both times!

Love you, Dad