Saturday, September 17

Love Notes, Baking, & Women's Breakfast

Friday morning I woke up groggy and a bit angry at myself... I had a mini-panic attack the night before, when I look back on what was going through my head the next morning it always seems so stupid and ridiculous. I wish I could realize this fact in the moment the attack occurs, but everything seems so terrible at the moment. Silly brain of mine! I went through the morning routine- bathroom then make the bed before heading downstairs for some breakfast. I took a bit longer though because I decided to get dressed first on the off chance the maitenance guy came a little early (yeah, wishful thinking- I know). When I walked down the stairs I noticed a purple envelope sitting on the back of the couch, random. Upon further inspection there was a cute little bag of swarovski crystals sitting on top of the envelope which happened to have my name on it! My sweet, amazing, and generous husband gave me a beautiful card for no reason. He didn't know about my panic attack so it made it that much better, I seriously teared up reading it and his note.

That afternoon I was a baking fool! The battalion threw a rummage/bake sale this (Saturday) morning. We donated a box of items we had set aside while unpacking the house, and I made the following goodies:

sugar cookie bites. strawberry cream cheese muffins. blueberry muffins. gluten free brown rice krispies treats

I got up at 6:30am and was there at 7am. I only stayed at the sale for an hour helping to set-up because our church threw a "Power Breakfast" for the women which began at 8:30am. My group leader and "island mom" was the guest speaker... It was a FULL house!


The theme of the morning was "You are a Champion!" One of the verses that stuck out to me was 1 Timothy 4:8- "Physical training is good, but training for godliness is much better, promising benefits in this life and the life to come." The other is about how we are to live this life together, we are not meant to do it alone... fellowship is a must! Ecclesiastes 4:12 says- "A person standing alone can be attacked and defeated but two can stand back to back and conquer, three are even better for a triple breaded cord is not easily broken."

I also volunteered myself to start and run the facebook page for Women of Hope. I'm excited it gives me something to do! =) Not to mention it's for the women's ministry at my church, so I'll always be in the loop.

No comments: