- You can't watch an action movie without being antsy over the conclusion, even when you've seen the movie before.
- No matter how many blessings you write down you're still thinking of "what-ifs" in the back of your mind.
- You won't take medicine because you're afraid you'll become reliant on it.
- Having one bad night makes you think you're a failure.
- You cry over undercooked rice in your new rice cooker... even with the simple solution is to close it and press "cook" once again.
I went to my (the super nice lady that listens and discusses options with me) doctor today... my resting heart rate was still too high to be considered normal (90bpm) and I was fidgety/antsy during our entire discussion. I mentioned how the things above have started affecting me and how severe the panic attacks are when they occur. She decided that the medicine that I hadn't taken wasn't going to help me anyway so it wasn't a big deal. I'm starting an anxiety medication tonight- I can take it nightly or when I feel like I'm having the beginning stages of an attack. She will be meeting with me again in 1.5-2mo to discuss how I am feeling. It is on me to continue eating healthy, get into a steady work-out routine, make sure I am sleeping adequately (7-8hrs), continue meeting with my Women's Bible Study, and try to find a place to volunteer so I'm not spending all my time at home. After this she'll do an evaluation and see if I'm ready to be weaned... aka: go down in dosage. It's a long road... and I'll need all the support I can get. I love you all, you will never know how much you've done for me so far!
After tonight's rice episode- Quinn decided that he's going to make me a "negativity box," kind of like my version of a "swearing jar." Anytime I say something negative about myself or something that I've done/made I have to put a quarter in it. I guess I didn't realize how down and out I've been lately. He said it's gotten to the point where he feels like he has to hold my hand through everything (I'm talking trivial stuff here, like cooking rice)... I need to gain my confidence back. The quicker the better.
He pointed out how my walking has upped since moving here and how that is something I should be proud about since for the past three months I've been so sick I couldn't even begin to think about doing anything physical, much less working out. Especially be proud of today- I jogged 4min, walked 6min, then jogged 2min (.9mi) then did 30 crunches, 5 yoga push-ups, 30sec plank, and some curls/triceps with my baby 5lb weights. Sometimes harsh words from the one you love are what you need, even if they result in tears.
I need to re-train my inner thought process to focus on positive things (any ideas on how to do this?). The negativity has to stop. I also know that I need to continue with my praying, praising, and reading my Bible. The closer I draw to God the harder it will be for Satan to infiltrate my mind.
"Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." {Philippians 4:4-7}
3 comments:
very awesome input from hubs - but processing the tough stuff is ok too!! not allowing ourselves to feel what we are feeling is not good for anxiety either...your awesome doctor lady would probably tell you that! praying for you heaps girl!
When I was having trouble with negative thoughts I memorized all the scriptures that speak of God's love for me. Also, I found this children's Bible that I love personally reading. Its called the "Jesus Storybook Bible", the stories are all written to remind us of how much God loves us. It always makes me feel so great.
I'm glad your have such an amazing husband who loves you so much. That alone is a huge blessing. Make sure you are reading God's word daily and spending time in prayer.
Love and prayer!
- Holly White
I agree with chibiusa above - memorizing scripture and filling your mind with God's words was really the only way I ever got through some of my darkest hours. Thinking on positive things is a great idea, and how much more effective will it be if you fill you mind with the words of the one who CREATED hope and peace =) Make a goal with yourself to memorize a few scriptures in a week. I'd suggest picking a book of the bible you really love, and trying to memorize whole chapters in small chunks - it's quite an accomplishment when you're done! Then God has his words to draw on when you're at your darkest. =) Love you friend, and praying as always!!
Post a Comment