Friday, September 9

Spiritual Encounter

Last night I went to the prayer & healing service at our church... let me just say what an emotionally, spiritually, and physically draining evening it was for me. I came home and immediately ran upstairs to where Quinn was and collapsed in his arms in tears... they were good tears though... my exact words: "Honey, tonight I got to sit with Jesus!" I then wrote down exactly what I could remember from the night and drew the following picture...



I guess I should explain:
After the worship and message we break into small groups for prayer. My prayer warriors for the night were Blair (the night's speaker), Tami (my women's group leader), and Laurianne (on the church prayer team). We went to God with my anxiety and feelings of failure/self-doubt for the upcoming deployment. Blair directed the prayer, asked God to reveal a time in my life where I experienced fear and lost confidence, and I ended up at Stapley's dive tank as a young girl. It was the first and last time I ever attempted a back-flip... I hit my head on the board. Blair ask me to ask Jesus where he was in that moment, after a long time I saw him in the water catching me as I fell, he then took me to the side of the pool and we sat there. Blair urged me to stay in this moment for the rest of the prayer (40min!) and we continued asking Jesus questions. In response to my self-doubt, Blair told me to ask Jesus if he would save me. After many tears and my body physically shaking, I heard his response, "I already did." Then he told me to ask what he thought of me... more tears... "You are my daughter, I love you." Finally we listed what we wanted God to take away- anxiety, panic attacks, the physical ailments of the attacks, my insecurities, fear of being alone, failing, new situations, the upcoming deployment. Then I was to ask Jesus what he would be replacing these things with, I heard "strength, courage, and comfort." At the end we addressed generational items and my final question to Jesus was if we could meet again... and he held me close and said "anytime you want."

I just want to stay in that moment, being wrapped in Jesus' arms, knowing I am loved, safe, and never alone. Why is it so hard to remember these amazing blessings yet so easy to fall back into fear?

"I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in Him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit."
-Romans 15:13

I didn't want to ruin the moment or the feeling of the evening... so I didn't take any medication before bed. I wish I could tell you I slept the whole nigh through... unfortunately that isn't true. I woke up at 1am, 2am, and 3am... each time I prayed/praised my way back to sleep but it was quite a battle. I was then woken up by our neighbors young son (evidently 5am is an appropriate time to cry and throw toys), I don't understand why the only wall we share is the master bedroom's, seriously who designed these houses?

Needless to say I've been very tired all day long. My body feels like there is a battle going on inside of me, it's been hard to breathe all day, my heart beats quickly for no reason, and digesting any food is ridiculous. I spoke with my mom and I think I should still use the medicine the doctor prescribed. Something is obviously still not right, and God created medicine and blessed us with doctors. Plus, I will be monitored so nothing will get out of hand. Sometimes we all need a little extra help getting back to normal.

No comments: