Wednesday, July 4

July 4th, 2012

I was up bright and early this Independence Day, 4:30am... so I guess dark and early would be a more accurate description! Why, well Adrien suckered *ahem* asked me to run the 5k Runway Run with her. The race began at 6:30am... we were definitely high on the patriotic list with our red tanks, Americana tutus, and knee socks!


After the race (I fininshed in 34min, WHAAAT!?!?) we all headed down to Cinnamon's for a nice big breakfast, I ordered the guava pancakes while Quinn got some crazy huge Mexican egg dish. When we got home I took a nice refreshing shower and promptly passed out for 3.5hrs! Once I wiped the sleep from my eyes and got dressed we headed up to the Army base for their self proclaimed "4th of July Extravaganza!" It was pretty huge, a vendor fair, carnival games-rides-food, multiple "enter to win" tents, and of course the main stage.


We were too late for Quinn's concert, we heard Hoobastank play their final song while walking to the field from the car, I felt bad. We had enough time to walk around, figure out how to purchase food/drink tickets, and watch the retiring of the colors before my concert began... I was so excited to see Jack's Mannequin! Ashley introduced them to me in our senior year of high school and this was my first time seeing them in concert.



Our friends Brian & Brittany arrived just in time for the fireworks. It started pouring halfway thru the show and I ended up with both little boys on my lap since I had the only umbrella... they stayed somewhat dry, I was soaked, haha! It was a long drive home, especially being soaked, but it was totally worth it!


Oh... sidenote: Kettle Corn + Li Hing Mui is DELICIOUS... there better be an Asian/Hawaiian food section the next place we move...

No comments: