Saturday, July 7

Photo Challenge: July 7th


Day #7
"Garden"
I don't have a yard, not to mention the fact that I tend to kill plants. The mini herb garden in my kitchen window lasted all of two months. This bush/plant is the only thing that has stayed alive for an entire year here in Hawaii... including: 
  • being moved to this house from the apartment
  • being infiltrated by fire ants, thus practically being drowned so I could re-pot it
  • a little girl tearing it apart at my Easter brunch (why it looks so sad)
  • it is once again housing a fire ant colony
These kind of hardy plants are the only kind I can keep alive. The ones that I can forget to water for awhile yet spring back as if nothing happened after I dump a bucket in.

See the rest here.

1 comment:

Dad said...

A survivor plant, the best!